1 injection, 4 times a yr after ii starter doses

SKYRIZI has ii options designed around your needs for injecting: the SKYRIZI Pen and the unmarried-dose prefilled syringe. Talk to your doctor nearly the options available to you.

Remember, your Skyrizi Consummate Nurse Ambassador* is gear up to respond your questions about how to inject properly. And help coach yous through the process.

Take a question correct now? Call your Nurse Ambassador at one.866.SKYRIZI (1.866.759.7494). (...)

Injecting with the SKYRIZI Pen

The SKYRIZI Pen helps you lot take your SKYRIZI with just i injection per handling. Click the circles beneath to explore the Pen's features.

The SKYRIZI Pen

Hold down button to automatically inject medicine–it clicks when starting and stopping

Locking mechanism prevents you from starting injection accidentally

Large window gives clear view of medicine

Wide grip with rubber-lined sides make it piece of cake to concur

Hold downward button to automatically inject medicine–it clicks when starting and stopping

Locking mechanism prevents you from starting injection accidentally

Large window gives clear view of medicine

Wide grip with rubber-lined sides make it easy to hold

Sentry this video on how to inject with the SKYRIZI Pen:

  • Quick Links

  • CHAPTER 1:A GUIDE TO INJECTING SKYRIZI
  • Affiliate ii:INJECTION PREP
  • Chapter 3:HOW TO INJECT STEP BY Pace
  • Chapter 4:HELPFUL TIPS FOR Self-INJECTING

A GUIDE TO INJECTING SKYRIZI

Hi, I'm Michael and I'm here to show you how to inject using a SKYRIZI Pen. If this is your first time, hullo and welcome to the family. If y'all've done this before, keen! I hope this is a helpful refresher.

And so, I've been doing this for a while now, and I feel like I have a good handle on information technology. My doctor showed me how to inject when I kickoff started, and I chosen Lauren (my Nurse Ambassador) and she helped me the start few times I did it at domicile by myself.

INJECTION PREP

Okay, let'due south get into it! Now, I get my SKYRIZI by post and I keep it in the fridge until I'one thousand gear up to inject. Here it is. Okay. Very important – I'll leave it at room temperature and out of straight sunlight for 30 to ninety minutes earlier injecting.

Now, this will take some fourth dimension, and so while I wait, I like to listen to some music. A expert melody really helps to relax me.

At present that I've washed and dried my easily, I'thousand good to go. Then, I take out everything I demand: I've got my SKYRIZI Pen, I've got the Instructions for Employ for reference. I've also got an booze swab, a cotton ball, and my sharps container. And so, I do my injections here because there'due south plenty of low-cal and a lot of good space.

HOW TO INJECT STEP BY STEP

Okay. I like to think about the injection process in 4 steps: the 4 Ps. You can see them right here on the package. Choice, pull, place, and press.

Then beginning, I'll pick my injection site. I'm going to go with my left thigh, only you can also inject into your stomach or your other thigh.

If you lot choose your stomach, brand sure that you lot inject at least two inches away from your belly button.

Grab your alcohol swab, and clean your peel in a circular motion, like this, and let it dry.

At present, I concur the Pen with the dark gray cap pointing upward. I pull the cap directly off and throw it away.

Now I cheque the liquid through the inspection window. It should look articulate to slightly yellowish and may contain tiny white or clear particles. It's normal to see one or more than bubbles in the liquid.

So, I concord my Pen with my fingers on the gray grips. See? And I turn the Pen so that the white needle sleeve points toward my injection site and I tin can meet the green activator button.

I gently clasp my skin at my injection site to make a raised area and hold it firmly. So I place the white needle sleeve directly against my injection site at a 90-caste angle.

I can encounter the dark-green activator push button and inspection window. The Pen but activates if the white needle sleeve is pressed downward confronting me before pressing the light-green activator button. A loud "click" means the start of the injection. There it goes.

And concur information technology like that for fifteen seconds. I'll keep pressing the Pen down against my skin until I hear a second "click" or the xanthous indicator has filled the inspection window – either one signals the injection is complete. And at that place it goes.

When it's over, I slowly pull the Pen straight out from my skin. You lot might detect i last click. And wait at this – see how the white needle sleeve covers the needle tip?

And that's it! Now I printing a cotton fiber ball where I injected – you lot can also use a gauze pad.

And I driblet my used Pen in i of these sharps disposal containers.

At that place – safe and sound, and besides out of reach. Another injection complete!

HELPFUL TIPS FOR Cocky-INJECTING

To epitomize, I prepare myself and my infinite, option an injection site, pull the cap off the Pen, identify the Pen on the injection site, printing the button to inject,

And safely discard the used Pen. That's the whole injection process!

When I started injecting at home, information technology didn't take me long to go information technology down. Lauren, my Nurse Ambassador, she suggested I create a routine – inject at the same time and place. I besides like to treat myself after each injection – maybe I'll cycle or listen to a new album.

This Skyrizi Complete App helps me stay on track and I don't know what I'd exercise without it. I used it to log my get-go starter dose so I knew when to take my second starter does iv weeks afterward.

And yous can prepare reminders to future doses, too, since, subsequently 2 starter doses, SKYRIZI is only 1 injection iv times a year.

And when I go those reminders, I know to contact my specialty chemist's shop to get my next injection on time.

And don't forget about the Skyrizi Complete sharps disposal and postal service-dorsum service. I signed up online, and then one time my sharps container gets full, I request a new ane, which is sent to me with a box to send my full one dorsum. It's so user-friendly and it doesn't cost me annihilation.

I'one thousand lucky that my family's always around if I demand help. I've got Skyrizi Complete, likewise. Like Lauren, who has answers to my questions, and a pretty awesome App!

You've got this.

Looking for specific injection information?

Special Warming Instructions:
Starting time, have your SKYRIZI Pen out 30 to 90 minutes earlier injecting and exit the carton at room temperature, out of direct sunlight.

One time you lot wash and dry your hands and settle into a place where you feel relaxed, make sure you accept everything laid out on a clean, flat surface.

Y'all'll need:
An booze swab, a cotton ball or gauze pad, your sharps container, which ensures your pen is tending of safely, and of course, your SKYRIZI Pen.

SKYRIZI injection preparation

A few things to expect out for:

  • DO Not remove the Pen from the carton while assuasive SKYRIZI to reach room temperature
  • DO Not warm SKYRIZI in any other way (for example, DO NOT warm information technology in a microwave or hot water)
  • Do NOT apply the Pen if liquid has been frozen, even if it has been thawed

Taking your SKYRIZI injection in 4 steps

A simple way to remember how to inject is with "4 P's":

  1. Pick the injection site
  2. Pull the cap off
  3. Place Pen on site
  4. Press the button

1. Pick the injection site

Areas to inject SKYRIZI pen - Thigh
 Areas to inject SKYRIZI pen - Stomach

Choose where y'all're most comfortable with your injection:

  • In the front end of either thigh or in your stomach, at least 2 inches from your navel

One time you wash and dry your hands:

  • Settle into a relaxed identify
  • Wipe the injection site in a circular movement with the alcohol swab
  • Allow information technology dry out

A few things to await out for:

  • DO Not impact or blow on the injection site later on it is cleaned.
  • Permit the peel to dry before injecting
  • DO NOT inject through clothes
  • Do Non inject into skin that is sore, bruised, ruby, hard, scarred, has stretch marks, or areas with psoriasis

ii. Pull the cap off

Pull off SKYRIZI pen cap
SKYRIZI pen inspection window
  • Hold the Pen with the night gray cap pointing up
  • Pull the dark gray cap direct off
  • Throw the night grayness cap away
SKYRIZI pen inspection window

Bank check the liquid through the inspection window

  • Information technology is normal to see one or more bubbling in the liquid
  • The liquid should look clear to yellow and may comprise tiny white or clear particles
  • DO Non use if the liquid is cloudy or contains flakes or large particles

3. Place Pen on site

Placing SKYRIZI pen on injection site
  • Hold the Pen with your fingers on the gray hand grips
  • Plough the Pen then that the white needle sleeve points toward the injection site and you can come across the green activator push
  • Gently squeeze the skin at your injection site to make a raised area and hold information technology firmly
  • Place the white needle sleeve straight (xc° angle) against the raised injection site

iv. Press the push button

Pressing SKYRIZI pen button
  • Concord the Pen then that you can see the dark-green activator button and inspection window
  • Button and go along pressing the Pen down against the pinched peel

The Pen volition actuate simply if the white needle sleeve is pressed down.

  • Press the green activator button and hold the Pen for fifteen seconds

A loud "click" ways the outset of the injection.

  • Keep pressing the Pen down against the injection site
Pressing SKYRIZI pen button
SKYRIZI pen yellow indicator

The injection is complete when:

  • the Pen has made a second "click"

or

  • the yellow indicator has filled the inspection window
Cotton ball placed at injection site

This takes up to 15 seconds.

When the injection is complete

  • Slowly pull the Pen straight out from the skin

After completing the injection

  • Place a cotton ball or gauze pad on the skin at the injection site

The white needle sleeve volition cover the needle tip and make another "click."

A few things to know:

  • DO Not rub the injection site
  • Slight bleeding at the injection site is normal

Dispose of your Pen in a sharps disposal container.

Need a sharps container?
Skyrizi Complete can evangelize one right to your door at no price to you. Sign up or log in to access your Skyrizi Complete resources and order your container today.

SKYRIZI pen disposed in a sharps container

Remember—do not throw your Pens away in the household trash. When your sharps disposal container is about full, you will need to follow your community guidelines for the right fashion to dispose of it. There may be state or local laws near how you should throw away used needles and syringes.

For more information about condom sharps disposal, and for specific information about sharps disposal in the land that you live in, go to the FDA's website at: www.fda.gov/safesharpsdisposal

  • i total dose is 1 injection
  • Store SKYRIZI in the refrigerator at 36° to 46°F (2° to eight°C)
  • Continue SKYRIZI in the original carton to protect from light until y'all are set to use
  • Before injecting, take the SKYRIZI carton out of the fridge. Leave the carton at room temperature and out of direct sunlight for 30 to 90 minutes
  • The liquid in the inspection window should look clear to yellow and may contain tiny white or clear particles
  • DO NOT shake SKYRIZI
  • DO Non remove the dark greyness cap until right before injection
  • SKYRIZI is not made with natural rubber latex

Do not utilise your SKYRIZI Pen if:

  • Liquid is cloudy or contains flakes or big particles
  • Expiration engagement (EXP) has passed
  • Liquid has been frozen, fifty-fifty if it has been thawed
  • Information technology has been dropped or damaged
  • Carton perforations are broken. Return product to pharmacy

4 quick tips for injecting

This guide can help give you a refresher on helpful tips for injecting.
You can print information technology out or salvage information technology for your side by side injection.
Check it out here

Injecting with the SKYRIZI single-dose prefilled syringe

The single-dose prefilled syringe takes one injection per treatment. Click the circles beneath to explore the syringe's features.

SKYRIZI single-dose prefilled syringe

Self-guided plunger lets y'all activate and command the injection

You control the duration of your injection

Finger grips to help concord the syringe while injecting

Guard comes over the needle to allow you know injection is finished

Baby-sit comes over the needle to let you know injection is finished

Finger grips to help hold the syringe while injecting

Yous control the elapsing of your injection

Self-guided plunger lets you activate and control the injection

Does your prescribed handling phone call for injecting with ii syringes, 4 times a yr?

Check the box your SKYRIZI arrived in to run into if it says "75mg" . If information technology does, acquire how to inject here


If your box says "150mg" , the injection data for the unmarried-dose syringe is below .

Watch this video on how to inject SKYRIZI with a syringe:

  • Quick Links

  • CHAPTER 1:A GUIDE TO INJECTING SKYRIZI
  • CHAPTER 2:INJECTION PREP
  • Affiliate 3:HOW TO INJECT Footstep-BY-Footstep
  • Chapter iv:HELPFUL TIPS FOR SELF-INJECTING

A GUIDE TO INJECTING SKYRIZI

Hey there! I'thousand Maya and I'1000 here to walk you through how to inject yourself with SKYRIZI. Now, if it's your offset fourth dimension, don't worry! And if it's not your first time, I hope you pick upwardly some new tips while y'all're here.

Now, I've done this a few times by myself, but my doctor originally walked me through how to inject, and I chosen Bryan, who'due south my Nurse Administrator, when I first started injecting on my own at home.

INJECTION PREP

All right, allow's become started. So, when my SKYRIZI comes in the mail, it goes directly in the fridge. Now, before I inject, I let information technology sit out for 15 to xxx minutes, out of direct sunlight, to go to room temperature. And while I await, I endeavor to relax.

Okay, that should exist enough time. So, once my hands are clean, I similar to put out everything that I'll need. And so, I accept my SKYRIZI syringe. I take an alcohol swab, which I got from my local pharmacy. I also take the Instructions for Use, just in example. I like to grab a cotton brawl (I had some right in my medicine cabinet) and and so a sharps container. Now, I like this spot because in that location's a lot of infinite and I don't have to leave my couch.

HOW TO INJECT Pace-BY-Step

So, it helps me to break down the injection process into 4 simple steps: the four Ps. And yous tin can run into them here on the package. We take: pick, prepare, compression, push. Okay?

So, first I pick my injection site. So, I'll go with my left thigh. Simply, you can also pick your right thigh or your lower tum.

Only, if you choose your breadbasket, brand sure to inject at least 2 inches away from your belly button.

And so, you want to grab your booze swab to clean your skin in a circular motion, like this, and let it dry.

Now, I hold my syringe with the needle facing down, and I check the liquid inside to brand sure that everything looks okay. And then, it should be articulate to slightly yellow, which it is. See that? At that place's a few bubbles in there, just that'southward normal. So, looks like nosotros're adept to go!

All right, so I hold my syringe in i hand, and I take the needle cover off with the other hand, okay? Like this, and so you lot want to throw information technology abroad. You lot run across? Yous may run across a drop of liquid at the finish of the needle, which is normal, okay?.

So, I've got my syringe in one hand, and with the other hand, I'm gently pinching the area of my cleaned pare to hold firmly.

Now I'll inject the needle into my pare at about a 45-caste angle using a quick, short motion – similar this. Now, belongings the angle steady, I slowly push the plunger in all the mode until all of the liquid is injected, and the syringe is empty. There nosotros go.

Now, I pull the needle out of my skin while keeping the syringe at the same angle, like this. I release the plunger to permit the syringe to motility up... until the entire needle is covered upward past the needle baby-sit. See how that works? The needle guard won't come back down unless all the liquid has been injected.

All right, and so at present, I press my cotton ball where I just injected, and that'south it!

I drop my used syringe in i of these handy sharps disposal containers and—voila—condom and audio.

Now I'll but put information technology back out of reach. Just like that, another injection complete.

HELPFUL TIPS FOR Cocky-INJECTING

So, to recap, I set myself and my space. I pick an injection site, fix the syringe, pinch the pare, button the plunger in.

And safely discard the syringe. That's the whole injection procedure!

Now, it seemed tricky at first, but I got information technology downwardly soon enough. And Bryan, my Nurse Ambassador, he recommended I create a routine – injecting at the same time, same place – that sort of matter. I also do something overnice for myself after each injection – mayhap I'll paint as a reward.

Oh, and this Skyrizi Complete App has helped me then much.

I mean I used it to log my first starter dose and then I knew when to take my 2d starter dose iv weeks later. You tin set reminders for future doses, also.

Since, after 2 starter doses, SKYRIZI is only i injection four times a twelvemonth.

And when I become those reminders, I know to contact my specialty pharmacy to become my adjacent injection on time.

Oh, and I can't forget almost the Skyrizi Consummate sharps disposal and mail-back service.

Once my sharps container gets total, I asking a new one that's sent to me with a box to mail this i back. I signed upward for the service online, and information technology doesn't toll me annihilation!

I'thousand lucky to have people around to support me. I've got Skyrizi Consummate on my team, too. Like Bryan, who's such a good listener, and this App!

There's always someone to reach out to if yous need assist. You lot've got this.

Looking for specific injection information?

First, bring your syringe to room temperature past removing the carton from the refrigerator xv to xxx minutes before y'all inject. Keep the carton out of direct sunlight.

Launder and dry your hands. Then, place your single-dose prefilled syringe and alcohol swab on a clean, apartment surface.

SKYRIZI syringe injection preparation

You'll likewise need:

  • A cotton ball or gauze pad
  • A sharps disposal container, which is a safe way to dispose of your syringe

A few things to wait out for:

  • Do Non remove the syringe from the carton while allowing SKYRIZI to attain 
room temperature
  • Practise NOT warm SKYRIZI in any other way (for case, DO Not warm it in a microwave or in hot water)

Taking your SKYRIZI injection in iv steps

A simple fashion to call back how to inject is with "4 P's":

  1. Pick the injection site
  2. Prepare the syringe
  3. Pinch the skin
  4. Push the plunger in

1. Option the injection site

Areas to inject SKYRIZI syringe - Thigh

Choose where you're most comfortable with your injection:

  • In the forepart of either thigh or in your stomach, at least 2 inches from your navel

Once you wash and dry your hands:

  • Settle into a relaxed identify
  • Wipe the injection site in a round motion with an alcohol swab 
before injecting

Do not touch or blow on the injection site later on it is cleaned.

  • Allow the skin to dry before injecting

A few things to look out for:

  • Practise NOT inject through your clothes
  • DO NOT inject into skin that's bruised, red, sore, scarred, hard, has stretch marks, or is afflicted by psoriasis
  • DO Not use SKYRIZI if the expiration date has passed
  • DO NOT use SKYRIZI if liquid has been frozen, even if it has been thawed

ii. Prepare the syringe

Removing SKYRIZI syringe cover
SKYRIZI syringe clear liquid
  • Hold the syringe with the covered needle facing down
  • The liquid in the syringe should wait clear to slightly yellow and may incorporate tiny white or articulate particles. It is normal to meet 1 or ii bubbles
  • Concur the syringe in one hand and gently pull the needle comprehend straight off with the other. Then throw it abroad

It'due south normal to see a drop of fluid on the needle signal

SKYRIZI syringe clear liquid

A few things to expect out for:

  • DO NOT use the prefilled syringe if the liquid is cloudy or has large particles or flakes
  • Do NOT hold or pull the plunger when removing the needle comprehend

Call up not to bear upon the needle with your fingers or let the needle touch anything.

three. Compression the skin

Pinching skin
  • Hold the torso of the syringe in 1 hand, between the thumb and alphabetize finger
  • With the other hand, gently pinch the area of cleaned pare and agree it
  • Insert the needle at a 45-degree bending with a quick, short movement. Hold the angle steady

Something to look out for:

  • Practise Not touch the needle with your fingers or let the needle touch anything

4. Push button the plunger in

Push SKYRIZI syringe plunger
  • Slowly push the plunger all the way downward until all of the liquid is injected and the syringe is empty
  • Gently pull the needle out of the skin while keeping the syringe at the same angle
  • Release the plunger and let the syringe to move upward until the entire needle is covered by the needle guard
Cotton ball pressed at injection site

The syringe needle guard will not activate unless all the liquid has been injected.

  • Printing a cotton brawl or gauze pad over your injection site for 10 seconds

Something to expect out for:

  • Exercise NOT rub the injection site.
  • It's normal to have some bleeding
Push SKYRIZI syringe plunger
Cotton ball pressed at injection site

Dispose of your syringe in a sharps disposal container.

Need a sharps container?
Skyrizi Complete can evangelize i right to your door at no toll to yous. Sign up or log in to admission your Skyrizi Complete resources and society your container today.

SKYRIZI syringe disposed in a sharps container

A few things to look out for:

Remember non to throw your syringe away in the household trash. When your sharps disposal container is virtually full, you will need to follow your community guidelines for the right way to dispose of it. In that location may be state or local laws most how y'all should throw away used needles and syringes.

For more than data about safe sharps disposal, and for specific information about sharps disposal in the state that yous live in, go to the FDA's website at: world wide web.fda.gov/safesharpsdisposal

  • One full dose is only 1 injection
  • You tin can store SKYRIZI in the fridge at 36°F to 46°F. Keep SKYRIZI in the original carton to protect it from calorie-free until information technology's time to use information technology
  • Before injecting, go out the carton at room temperature and out of directly sunlight for 15 to 30 minutes to warm
  • Keep your syringe in the carton while assuasive SKYRIZI to achieve room temperature—don't try to warm your injection in hot water, in the microwave, or in whatsoever other way
  • Don't remove the needle cover before you're gear up to give yourself your injection

Exercise not use your injection if:

  • The liquid has been frozen, fifty-fifty if information technology was thawed
  • The liquid is cloudy or contains flakes or large particles
  • The expiration date (EXP) has passed
  • The syringe has been dropped or damaged
  • The syringe seal tray is broken or missing; render the product to the pharmacy

four quick tips for injecting

This guide can help give you a refresher on helpful tips for injecting.
You can print it out or save it for your next injection.
Check information technology out here

Your Nurse Ambassador is here to help

Whether you're simply getting the hang of injecting or could use some refresher training, your Skyrizi Complete Nurse Ambassador is here to assist. At no cost to yous, they offering step-by-step injection training and can help you access what y'all'll need to become started and stay on rails with your prescribed treatment plan.

Call your dedicated Nurse Ambassador at i.866.SKYRIZI (1.866.759.7494).

DON'T HAVE A NURSE Administrator?

Past signing upwards for Skyrizi Complete, you'll be continued with your dedicated Skyrizi Consummate Nurse Ambassador, who will get to know y'all and mind to your unique needs.

*Nurse Ambassadors are provided by AbbVie and practice not piece of work under the direction of your health care professional (HCP) or requite medical advice. They are trained to direct patients to their HCP for treatment-related advice, including further referrals.

Your SKYRIZI treatment

With SKYRIZI, you have two starter doses at week 0 and week 4, and then beginning at week 16, take a dose every 12 weeks.

When you're start prescribed SKYRIZI, you'll go to your doctor'south function to receive your ii starter doses. After that, you can continue to get your injection at your doctor'due south office. Or, once y'all're trained, you tin inject SKYRIZI at home. Talk to your physician well-nigh which option is right for you.

Y'all have resources to help with injecting

Person on the Skyrizi Complete App

YOUR SKYRIZI Complete APP

Log injections and set reminders to help build a routine and stay on track with your prescribed SKYRIZI handling programme.

A photo of the Skyrizi Complete sharps container and mail-back disposal kit

SHARPS CONTAINER AND MAIL-Back DISPOSAL KIT

Y'all can safely dispose of your used Pens or syringes with containers shipped to and from your doorstep.

A photo of the Skyrizi Complete insulated travel case

SKYRIZI INSULATED TRAVEL CASE

Transport your medicine whenever you need to, at a refrigerated temperature, for up to eight hours.

Your Skyrizi Consummate Nurse Ambassador tin help you larn how to inject at home, whether you're new to injecting or just need a refresher.

Need help now?
Phone call 1.866.SKYRIZI (ane.866.759.7494)

You may also be interested in: